John McGrath / Jem Restaurant Group
John McGrath began his restaurant career in 1994 as a Market Manager for Taco Bell. Previously, Mr. McGrath was a Field Advertising Manager for Procter & Gamble in the food division and spent 7 years in downstream operations for Mobil Oil in a variety of positions. Mr. McGrath serves as a member of the Board of Directors of MUSC Children's Hospital. John McGrath is the Chief Executive Officer over entities which own and operate dozens of Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants in the south east. Additionally, John is the owner and managing member of Southeastern Pizza Group and its affiliates, which operate 57 Pizza Hut restaurants in Georgia, Florida and Alabama.
- 1994 - John McGrath began his restaurant career as a Market Manager for Taco Bell covering areas of Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.
- 1998-1999 - John acquired the first 13 Taco Bell restaurants in Charleston and an additional 15 Taco Bell restaurants in the Tampa DMA. Melissa Benson transitioned with John for the acquisition in Charleston.
- 2000 - 21 Pizza Hut and 7 KFC restaurants were acquired in the Charleston DMA.
- 2008 - Warren Nelson joined as CFO.
- 2009 - 40 Pizza Hut restaurants in Georgia, Florida and Alabama were acquired from the Kurani Group. Additionally, 26 Pizza Hut restaurants were acquired from PHI in the Atlanta DMA.
Watch The Highlights Now!
September 01, 2022
Blueprint For Building An Outdoor Apparel Company With Tanner Sutton
Tanner Sutton / Co-Founder of Free Fly Apparel
August 01, 2022
Charleston Property Management with Janet Fields
Janet Fields / CEO & Co-Owner of Oak Trust Properties
April 20, 2022
Murdaugh Murders with Lead Attorney Eric Bland
Eric Bland / Founder & Partner of Bland Richter LLP